Monday, April 9, 2012

EASY VEGETARIAN CASSOULET





This is my go-to dish when I don't have much time to cook but have a lot of people to feed.  Pam Anderson (not that Pam Anderson, but the cookbook writer) is one of my favorite chefs. Her recipes are easy and delicious.   Try to use vegetarian sausages which can be found in the produce section of any major grocery store, Whole Foods or Trader Joe's.  Of course you can follow the original recipe and use meat sausages, but at least get organic.

This dish only takes 5 minutes of preparation!  The only chopping is the onion, which you can have done in 8 chops (chop off ends, chop through the middle, chop each half into quarters, and done!) and the garlic (which you can mince in seconds in a garlic mincer).  I serve this with crusty whole wheat bread and shredded carrot salad with my French vinaigrette dressing.  Do you and your family a favor and try this dish.  You won't be disappointed!

Here's a video I found with Pam Anderson and her daughter demonstrating how to make this.  For her written recipe, click here.  To see my friend Kate's blog post which got me started down the Pam Anderson path, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment