Wednesday, March 14, 2012

THAI PIZZA



One of my favorite pizza joints is a place called Zeek's Pizza in Seattle.  They make this amazing pizza called Veggie Thai One On, and you can order the spiciness from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the spiciest.  The pizza uses peanut sauce, shredded carrots, red onions, broccoli, bell peppers and cilantro.  My friend Danna and I used to eat a large Thai pizza 5 stars by ourselves in one quick sitting.  Once, when we had a male friend over for dinner, we were too embarrassed to order the large, so we ordered the medium instead.  Let's just say we later made another call for delivery to Zeek's.  And we never felt the need to impress another man again by ordering a medium.





 Here's a photo of half a Veggie Thai One On Pizza from Zeek's from the last time I was in Seattle (the other half was pepperoncini and mushrooms for my husband).








I make my own peanut sauce and usually have some leftover.  One of my favorite things to do is make my own Thai pizza.  Instead of using red sauce, I use peanut sauce as a base.  Then, I add close to the same ingredients as Zeek's.  It comes out delicious every time!  And it's an easy way to get protein and vegetables in form of a pizza.   Why don't you give it a try?  ขอให้เจริญอาหาร! (kŏr hâi jà-rern aa-hăan!)

Ingredients:
Flat bread or naan.
Add a layer of peanut sauce.
Then top with all or any combination of the following:

Broccoli,
thinly sliced red or yellow onion,
red and/or green sliced green peppers,
grated carrots,

Bake for about 15 minutes at 375 degrees;

Then top all or a combination of the following:
Cilantro leaves,
bean sprouts (mung),
crushed peanuts,
squeeze of a quarter of a lime,
hot pepper flakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment