Tuesday, March 6, 2012

PERFECT BROWN RICE EVERY TIME!



Brown rice is far superior in nutrition than white rice.  Yet, many people shy away from brown rice because it seems difficult to cook.  I have a no-fail way of cooking any type of brown rice, and the rice will come out perfect every time!  The secret is to cook it like pasta.  Even my 15 year old can do it!  Here's a video of her teaching you in just one minute how to make perfect brown rice.  Thanks to my sister-from-another-mister Troy Repuszka for teaching me this amazing technique.

FAQ:
Can I use any kind of brown rice?
Yes, any kind of brown rice, be it long-grain, short-grain, organic, non-organic, etc. will work.

Do I have to measure the water and rice before I start cooking?
 Nope!  That's the beauty of this recipe!  So long as you have enough water to boil the rice for 30 minutes, any amount of rice will work.  If you need to measure because you're a perfectionist, you can still do so!

Can I use this recipe with white rice?
Absolutely not.  Unless you like to eat glue.  Anyway, you should be eating brown rice only.

Do I have to dance the Can-Can while waiting for the rice to cook?
Well, we suggest you do at least a little jig since from now on you'll be making perfect brown rice every time!    

1 comment:

  1. 1) Thanks so much for sharing this technique. I'm sure it's exactly what I've been missing all of the years that I've been confounded by every batch of brown rice I've made!
    2) I won't name your children to protect their privacy, but the're all so beautiful, I feel the urge to cry my eyeballs out. I can remember Z when she was only a big bump in your belly at my wedding! Waaah!

    ReplyDelete